Boro Bounce back

League football is back at the Boro! It was on the 20th October 2020 that a ball was kicked competitively at Liberty Way, when Nuneaton Borough won 6 - 2 against St Ives Town. Now that we have a better understanding of Covid-19, and how to deal with it, as well as an increasing number of those vaccinated, hopefully we've turned a corner. It's my third season photographing Nuneaton Borough. It would be great to complete a full season!

Today, Nuneaton Borough began their Southern League Premier Central campaign by hosting Biggleswade Town. I've been so excited about this match, it felt like Christmas Day! Also, the Boro wore their new Hummel kit for the first time, which looks amazing.

I usually aim to get to a match for around 2 pm. That gives me enough time to set up my cameras and take a few shots of the players warming up - useful for stock footage for the club to use on their social media. It also gave me a good opportunity to check my wifi settings so that I could send images direct from my camera to the Boro media team.

At half-time, the score was level at 1-1 after Jordan Goddard had cancelled out Sam Squire's goal (13 mins), with a superb strike from outside the box (36 mins). I usually position myself near the goal that the Boro are attacking, but today I decided to vary it a bit move around the sideline. I'm glad I did, because I was in just the right spot to capture Carl Baker's shot from 28 yards out, and goal celebration. Unfortunately, it didn't last long - Waders substitute, Muyembe, equalised 4 minutes later.

10 minutes later, Biggleswade appeared to have secured victory following Blake D'Arcy's curled shot into the top corner, out of the reach of the outstretched Boro keeper, Callum Smith. It really was end-to-end stuff, so I stayed put on the sideline. I usually choose the half that the linesman doesn't run along so none of my shots are blocked.

After continuing to pile on the pressure, Nuneaton Borough were rewarded with an equaliser, thanks to Jordan Goddard's long-range effort landing in the top-right corner of the goal, with 92 minutes on the clock. By staying on the sideline, I was able capture Goddard kicking the ball and then it going into the top corner.

1 / 27